How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking

Postby LTC8K6 » August 8th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Get away from me, meathead!
LTC8K6
Central Scrutinizer
Central Scrutinizer

Re: How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacki

Postby Seeker » August 9th, 2012, 12:07 am

I should have been regularly backing up my MacBook. Because I wasn’t doing that, if all the photos from the first year and a half of my daughter’s life are ultimately lost, I will have only myself to blame. I shouldn’t have daisy-chained two such vital accounts — my Google and my iCloud account — together. I shouldn’t have used the same e-mail prefix across multiple accounts — mhonan@gmail.com, mhonan@me.com, and mhonan@wired.com. And I should have had a recovery address that’s only used for recovery without being tied to core services

this is scary I back up every night all my photos are transfered to a another drive I have gone to great lengths to protect that area...the worst thing you can ever do is use a debit card for an online account like itunes...or use a "house" e-mail for crucial data like .me.com.....looks like the guy is spot on about using a e-mail addy for recovery only...it blows the whole thing up...I had a customer today that mistakenly wiped 11,000 photos when she did a sync on a computer from itunes...this was a bad day for her and I sympathize with the gent...
Some objects may be closer than they appear
Seeker
admin
admin

Return to Iphones...tablets and gizmos