All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 3:27 am 
admin
admin

( if you are trying to register but keep getting a message about your shoe size...the board kicks back gmail accounts, they are not allowed in registering...use another email client...sorry but the bulk of the spam that hits this board comes from gmail accounts so they are verbotten ! )

That being said CLICK here for solution =====> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2512

This is one helluva of an ongoing problem for people with iphones and some others HTC etc...I have had the same problem with our 3gs', 4 phones in all...these stories below are from the ATT board...

please list any apps you added (other than the stock ones) to your phone before this media thing happened for those who may not be able to add the app I refer to that stops the problem listing apps may allow us to find a commonality to help them...

Quote:
Hi there! I just joined this forum to find out the answer to this too, as AT&T Tech support couldn't tell me the same question for my iphone. My situation is at odd hours daily I have a ton of data going out from "phone" and tech support can't tell me what that data it is or where it's going. I'm getting really creeped out & think I have a right to know. Can this be from spyware hijacking my texts, emails, etc.? Any insight is appreciated.

Quote:
I am having the same problem. The first month I checked the phone out a lot, used google maps for 2 days looking at property in another state, checked out apps and such. I used about 8mb. The second month, I used the phone 4 times, got 6 texts (3 from ATT) and never used the internet or any application. Infact the phone was turned off for almost 3 weeks. That month I was so close to my 200mb that I took the sim and battery out the last week! I keep turning off apps that are "running"...MOST of them apps that I have NEVER even opened...the next day they are running again. What a freeking nightmare!

Now here's my story..."all of a sudden" around late December/January I started getting warnings from att saying that I was approaching my 200 mb limit, and then my wife's iphone and then my son's and believe it or not but grandma's iphone rolled up almost 1 gig of data in two months !

Our age range of users experiencing this problem is from 14 to 80.

I will state I have never had a problem with jailbreaks and/or data usage two years prior to this event.

So I thought dang I'm on wi-fi most everywhere I am, how can this be happening ? so maybe it was an app or apps, I dumped them and still massive chunks of data being sent from my device(s)...so maybe it was my jailbreak so I backed up and re-jailbroke my phone...it stopped for a day or so and then bam it started again...Irritated I went to cydia and downloaded an app to turn my data off...

Meanwhile back at the ranch there are 4 phones going data nuclear on me ($15 for every 200 mb overage) and a resolution has to be found.

Well, that stopped it but it also stopped my voicemail (which I have to have) and also stopped my MMS, which means I was not getting texts with media or pictures.

Some of which I can do without, but that's another the issue...

Obviously the data toggle was not a solution, constantly turning data on and off was giving me dropped calls and freezing issues...Frustrated I did what we all must do at times of stress and strife...I got my wallet out... I found a paid app that properly configured completely solved the data problem...period..end of story.

I have been, and my other 3 iphones, free and clear of data overages for 2 months now and can officially, and with confidence, and without hesitation say that the problem is cured...

So it doesn't look like I'm making money on the referal will release the app name in a private message reply, from me only to a registered user of this board (which means you have to register and post a reply under this thread topic) ...hopefully you are picking up what I am laying down...

I am an independent low voltage tech with 27 years experience in cell phones and electronics

Some objects may be closer than they appear

PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 6:56 am 

So far only the boy has high data usage on his iphone. I'm guessing it's the radio usage.
I have a question about the QR codes. I'm seeing those funny looking box bar codes everwhere now. Which app would you recomend to read these things? How does it work?

Ted Nugent for President

PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 8:38 am 
admin
admin

go look at your bill online under "data" and you will see what's using all that data up...and I'll bet you a fresh hot cup of steaming ramen noodles, that if your boy has an iphone ,that "internet/media.net has something to do with it...

now the funky square...most tv shows has you take a picture...and then "they" know exactly where you are...bhhhahaaawwww ! never used it though...

I only participate in straw poll text voting for ron paul at the RNC and gopac conferences... :grin:

for bar codes at the grocery store and such I use red laser or the one in my directv app...

:P

PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 10:34 am 
Central Scrutinizer
Central Scrutinizer

Apple is the devil...

Get away from me, meathead!

PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm 
admin
admin

don't know that for sure...but hey there was 3 females convinced that their husbands were cheating on them over this internet media deal...ouch !

PostPosted: September 13th, 2011, 10:16 am 
admin
admin

a reader posted a question about not being jailbroke, here's what you can do to rectify the situation...

Quote:
thanks for the information. My son has wanted to have his phone jailbroken, but to be honest, I've never been clear as to what this means and whether it causes more problems or fixes things. And, even if a good thing to do, am certainly not sure of all the pros/cons and needed maintenance for keeping it in working order and functioning on all cylinders. Maybe my concern is all wasted energy, but I hate doing something I'm not sure about and then regretting it later, with no solution.

this is a valid concern...all my phones are jailbroken and the truth is being in that state allows you to maintenence your phone easier than if it was not...the important thing is the set up and remembering that smart phones are computers and do need to have the cache blown out and resprung every few days or so depending on use...

my response...

Quote:
well fortunately the jailbreak for firmware 4.3 to 4.3.5 all u have to do is go to www.jailbreakme.com on the phone to be jailbroken and it does everything for you, now if you are running other firmware below that then the jailbreak is difficult but if you follow the steps not out of reach...

you can check to see where you son's phone is at regarding formware in settings>general>about....

scroll to where it says version...

good luck and I'm sorry about the internet media deal it's ridiculous that our carriers won't do anything about this...

:7:

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 4:57 pm 
assistant
assistant

What is the solution, now that I have registered and replied? You mentioned a paid app. What is it?

PostPosted: September 27th, 2011, 6:08 pm 
admin
admin

check your private messages...

PostPosted: October 7th, 2011, 11:15 am 
assistant
assistant

I have registed and would like the solution. Thank you!

PostPosted: October 8th, 2011, 2:44 am 
admin
admin

check your private messages here at the top of the board :)

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 3:31 pm 
assistant
assistant

Just registered, would like the solution as this is happening on our iPhones.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 5:03 pm 
admin
admin

check your private messages....

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 1:54 am 
assistant
assistant

I too would appreciate the name of the app. Thanks.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 8:45 am 
assistant
assistant

PLEASE PROVIDE THE APP TO SOLVE THE HIGH USAGE DATA ISSUE,..THANK YOU

PostPosted: November 21st, 2011, 8:52 am 
assistant
assistant

I have registed and would like the solution. Thank you!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
 >> Next